CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CR Exercise 4.3 Beginnings

My topic is on Cesarean Sections I plan on educating my audience on what it is, who is at risk for one, what risks are involved, also I am going to talk about why they have become so popular choice for doctors and patients alike.

1.What exactly is a cesarean? The risks? Why is it such a popular option today? What happens afterward? What makes is so different than a vaginal delivery? What is the story behind the sterile curtain?
Its 10:38 at night and the day has been long, after arriving at the hospital at 5:30 that morning I was admitted in the for a scheduled induction. With much anticipation for my new arrival I have looked forward to this day for a long hard nine months. Recently I had been diagnosed with gall bladder stones which had been quite painful. With an induction I would be able to have a surgery that would take out my gall bladder thus ending my pain a little faster. Now sitting in the uncomfortable hospital bed my doctor is giving me very few options.

2. In the early days of the C-section most were performed on only pregnant women who had died or were dying and the baby would be cut out of them. In more recent times the mother doesn’t have to be dying in order to save the baby in a labor that goes bad, however the mortality rate was still relativity high and they were dreaded because there was no anesthesia being used at the time.
With a lower mortality rate and the added anesthesia and antiseptics today, c-sections are a very popular way of delivering a baby in fact one in every three babies are delivered via c-section.

3. A cesarean section is a major abdominal surgery and should not be taken lightly. Today cesareans are a very popular method of delivery, in fact about every one in three babies are born via cesarean.

Personally I think I will be using the first one because I think it will capture the audience better than listing a bunch of fact right off the bat.

0 comments: